Useful properties of wheat flour
Everything that the nature has given us, is useful and it is necessary including a flour. It is not only a product without which there would be no pastries on our tables but also a power source of many useful and irreplaceable minerals.
- All grades of flour contain “a standard set” of minerals and vitamins which shortage leads to serious failures in work of a human body. Among basic elements — Fe (iron), Ca (calcium), Mg (magnesium), K (potassium), Cu (copper), Zn (zinc). For example, calcium is the main “construction material” for bones, hair and nails; iron improves composition of blood; potassium participates in creation of cages.
- Vitamins are provided quite widely, too, in this product – group B, PP, E, etc.
- The rough grinding is irreplaceable for those of us who dreams of an ideal figure and works on it. And in case of observance of a diet there is not to do without a grain products from the flour premiums (its the best to eat them in the form of croutons).
- Farinaceous dishes are a magnificent source of power and cheerfulness.
- Cellulose in the wheat grinding is necessary for digestion of food and normal assimilation of all “use in it.
- And the main thing: bread, rolls and other flour products are tasty! A tasty food grants positive emotions and they are valuable, as well as all minerals and vitamins.
Caloric content of wheat flour
On average, standard 100g of a product contain about 340 kcal. About 2/3 from the total quantity are carbohydrates and the rest, approximately equally – proteins and fats.
How to choose a quality flour
Choosing a product it is necessary to pay attention to its external characteristics:
Color: it should be characteristic for current grade (for the highest – white, with slightly cream shade, for “rough” — with yellowness).
Taste: the quality product should not be bitter at all! It should be slightly sweetish.
Humidity: to determine it, it is enough to compress a flour in a hand. If it sticks to fingers but at the same time does not stick together moisture is right.
Smell: a pleasant light aroma.
How to store a flour
Flour is a strong absorbent – it absorbs moisture and smells quickly. So, we can make a conclusion from this: it is necessary to store it indoors with a low humidity, far away from sources of pungent smells.